The Bounty

The Bounty

Monday, January 18, 2016

How I save $13.10 per week with meal/snack prep

My significant other is a truck driver for a big name truck stop. So on an average workday for him he will go to 5 or so truck stops a day. As most folks know truck stops and gas stations are junk food heaven. OVER priced junk food heaven!

So after doing the math during our last budget session we decided we needed a plan B to end the Over priced snacking. One of the items I came up with was these meat & cheese cups.

They are $4.25 a piece at the truck stop. I was able to make them at home for the week for just $1.63
That is a $2.62 savings per day and $13.10 per week
(I had enough meat to do 6 cups from the pack in the picture)





Meat -  .83¢ per cup
Cheese - .80¢ per cup
Total per Cup $1.63






Finished product 
5 meat and cheese snack cups





No comments:

Post a Comment