The Bounty

The Bounty

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Pluot Jam

Friday night I was in bed eating a Pluot from our local grocery store. A Pluot it a hybrid fruit 25% Apricot and 75%plum. Pretty much 100% AMAZING!! I instantly thought I need to make some jam out of these. The taste was amazing so I knew the fruit was at its peak.
So I picked up just over 4 pounds of fruit and gathered my supplies. I used the recipe that was inside my package of sure-jell.

Pluot Jam
4lbs Pluots Finely chopped - No need to peel just pit and chop.
Bring Pluots to a boil with 1/2 cup water. Simmer med-low for 5 minutes.
Measure out exactly 6 cups of cooked fruit return to pot.
Stir in 1 pack sure jell bring to a full rolling boil that does not stop when stirred.
Add 8 cups sugar - return to boil and boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Ladle into prepped jars leaving 1/4 inch head space process in a water bath for 10 minutes.

I ended up with 10 half pints and 1 pint jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment