The Bounty

The Bounty

Friday, April 22, 2016

Garlic Pasta with Asparagus & Peppers

I recently entered my first recipe contest. The only requirement for the recipe was GARLIC at least 6 gloves. I immediately knew what I wanted to enter. 
My daughters all time FAVORITE meal.
I have to say it is also one of my favorites. So flavorful and filling.
Plus it re-heats well. I love that in a recipe. 

Garlic Pasta with Asparagus

Ingredients
1 Pound Penne Pasta
1 Bunch Asparagus trimmed and cut into thirds
1 Red Pepper cut into strips and cut in half
8 Cloves of Fresh Garlic Minced
6 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
8 Drops of your Favorite Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as directed or until Al Dente drain and reserve.
In a large skillet, Heat Butter and oil, Add Pepper Flakes, Hot Sauce and Garlic cook for about 1 minute at Med heat. Careful not to burn the garlic.  Add the peppers and asparagus to the skillet. Cook at medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or until the veggies are done to your taste.  Keep an eye on the heat and lower if needed you want a nice SauteAdd garlic & veggie mix to your pot of drained and cooked pasta stir in Parmesan cheese.  Serve immediately. 




No comments:

Post a Comment